2019 Honda Accord Review
We’ve been waiting eagerly for the 2019 Honda Accord, and it’s finally here! Honda has a proud history of providing drivers with vehicles that mix performance, power, and amazing features, and we couldn’t wait to see how the 2019 model stacked up.
Our team at Norm Reeves Honda Superstore Irvine took the Honda Accord sedan for a test drive through Santa Ana, Tustin, and Rancho Santa Margarita to see how it performed on the road. Want to know how it handled? Read on to get all the information you need from our Honda Accord reviews!
Honda Accord Info
Power & Performance
The 2019 Honda Accord sedan comes with a 1.5-liter inline 4-cylinder engine with a turbocharger. It gives drivers 192 horsepower and 192 lb-ft of torque, for an impressively fast and powerful driving experience.
The Continuously Variable Transmission with Sport Mode allows you to seamlessly shift gears for a smooth drive that leaves you in complete control. Sport Mode is a fun option for those who want to feel a little extra power when they step behind the wheel of their car.
Honda Accord Connectivity
You’ll be able to stay connected to the outside world on even your longest journeys, thanks to the Honda Accord.
The 7-inch color LCD screen lets you have all your apps, music, and navigation information at your fingertips, so you’re always in complete control of your vehicle.
The Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® Audio means you can control everything from which podcast is playing to who you’re calling. It’s a great feature that lets you stay connected and in control of all your entertainment and connectivity options while on the road.
There are also multiple configurations with the 2019 Accord, which allows you to build your new sedan to meet all the requirements you have in terms of design and features. There is the base trim level called the LX, or you can get the Sport, EX, EX-L, or Touring trim level. To help you determine which of the Honda Accord trim levels has everything you want, here are some of the key aspects of each of them.
- LX: In addition to the turbocharged engine and standard technology we already covered, this base trim level also has features that provide a comfortable drive. The dual-zone automatic climate control system will allow you and your front passenger to set the temperature to how hot or cold you each like it. There are also systems inside to add more convenience to your ride, including the Push Button Start.
This base trim level also has a lot of safety features from the Vehicle Stability Assist™ with Traction Control to the Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines. It even comes with the driver-assistive features of Honda Sensing®, including the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ and Adaptive Cruise Control.
- Sport: When it comes to performance, the Honda Accord Sport can be equipped with the available 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine that generates 252 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque. This engine is paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission with Shift-By-Wire and Paddle Shifters. Additionally, the Sport trim level comes with larger, 19-inch alloy wheels.
Other features found inside the 2019 Accord Sport include a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, sport pedals, 12-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, and heated front seats. You’ll also have the ability to connect to your favorite apps on your smartphone with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ both added to the Sport.
- EX: The EX adds an additional driver-assistive feature with the Blind Spot Information System. This technology, which includes the Cross Traffic Monitor, will be able to scan your surroundings so you can confidently maneuver when backing up or changing lanes.
The Accord EX also comes with HD Radio™ and SiriusXM® Satellite Radio. This gives you even more options when it comes to choosing your entertainment as you switch between the channels, discovering new music or keeping updated on the latest news stories.
- EX-L: More luxury is found in the EX-L trim level, which switches to leather-trimmed seats. Your front passenger will also be able to easily reposition their seat with the four-way power adjustment. As for the driver, you can save the settings of your seat; this way, each time you get in, the car can automatically readjust it to your exact specifications.
You also gain outstanding sound quality in the Honda Accord EX-L with the 450-watt, 10-speaker Premium Audio System.
- Touring: Beyond being able to heat your seat, the Accord Touring will help you cool off during the summer with the ventilated front seats. The Honda Accord Touring also comes with more technology including a mobile hotspot, wireless phone charger, HondaLink®, and the Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™.
It also features the Head-Up Display, which will project important information right in your line of sight. This will display turn-by-turn directions, which systems are activated, and more on your windshield.
Honda Accord Hybrid
If you’re looking for a hybrid version of the Honda Accord, look no further! The Honda Accord Hybrid comes packed with great features and performance that you’re going to love.
The AC Synchronous Permanent Magnet Electric Motor provides 181 horsepower and 232 lb-ft of torque. The system uses two motors: One that lets you accelerate from a complete stop, while the other allows you to start the engine in a snap. When the motor and engine combine and work together, you end up with 212 horsepower for power you can feel in every turn.
It comes equipped with all the great features of the Honda Accord LX trim, including the Honda Sensing® suite of safety features. The Honda Accord Hybrid also offers drivers Remote Engine Start, so you can hop in your vehicle and head off at a moment’s notice. It’s a great option for anyone who’s interested in trying the hybrid car lifestyle!
Schedule a Test Drive Today
Now that you know all about the amazing features and performance power of the 2019 Honda Accord, it’s time to try it for yourself! Stop by Norm Reeves Honda Superstore Irvine to schedule a test drive today and experience it firsthand.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff has helped drivers from Santa Ana, Tustin, and Rancho Santa Margarita, and we can’t wait to help you find which one of the Honda Accord trim levels is best for your needs and lifestyle!