Honda Accord Safety Features
Having a strong sense of a vehicle you intend to buy can really help you decide if it’s right for you. This is especially true when you focus on safety features. At Norm Reeves Honda Irvine, we’re going to take a look at the Honda Accord safety features for drivers in Santa Ana, Tustin, and Rancho Santa Margarita who are interested in this sedan and want to know the levels of protection that it offers.
Keep reading to learn more about the Honda Accord safety systems and features!
Accord Active Safety
The number one safety feature with the Honda Accord is the braking system. This incorporates several systems that work together to give you full control of the vehicle. The Vehicle Stability Assist™ with Traction Control helps during instances of wheel slip, by providing selective braking to the affected wheel to ensure that the vehicle regains traction.
The Electronic Brake Distribution will actively vary the amount of brake force applied to each wheel to ensure that you have full braking control. The Brake Assist is a feature that recognizes panicked braking and will assist you by applying full braking pressure to help you stop the vehicle.
Passive Safety Features
The Honda Accord safety features begin with the exterior of the vehicle, with the Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ Body Structure. This frame helps disperse the energy generated during a collision to help keep the passengers protected. The interior includes a network of airbag systems to ensure the proper cushioning during a collision.
The Advance Front Airbags will measure the force of impact while adjusting the inflation pressure to help ensure that the passengers receive the right amount of protection while reducing any airbag-related injuries. The vehicle also includes the SmartVent® Front Side Airbags for side-collision protection and the Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor to help keep passengers’ heads protected during a crash.
Honda Sensing® Technology
The Honda Accord comes standard with Honda Sensing®. This suite of driver-assisting technology systems works with exterior-mounted sensors. These sensors can actually measure factors like distance and speed to provide accurate readings for warnings.
The Accord includes:
- Forward Collision Warning- This feature can detect a possible collision and sends a visual and audible warning to the dashboard.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™- This system can detect an imminent crash and it’ll apply enough brake pressure to reduce the severity of the collision while you apply full brake pressure to avoid the crash.
- Road Departure Mitigation System- If your vehicle is straying from the road, this system will come on and apply enough brake pressure to prevent the vehicle from swaying and veering.
- Lane Departure Warning- When your vehicle is straying from its lane, this warning light will come on.
- Traffic Sign Recognition System- The sensors can detect a street sign and will provide a dashboard symbol indicating what the sign means (in the event it has faded or is obscured by shrubs).
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow- On top of setting a desired cruising speed, this system also factors in a safe distance from the vehicle ahead, and it’ll adapt to the flow of traffic without needing driver intervention.
Learn Even More About the Honda Accord Safety Features
By reading this safety guide on the Honda Accord, you’re more familiar with the levels of protection provided by this sedan. You learned a great deal about the braking, the airbags, and even the driver-assistance technology features. Why not take the next step and get a feel for how the vehicle handles on the road, so you can take comfort that its safety features are there to help keep you and your passengers protected?
Learn more by scheduling a test drive at Norm Reeves Honda Irvine! We’re here to help drivers throughout the Santa Ana, Tustin, and Rancho Santa Margarita area when they want to learn more about their favorite models!