2019 Honda CR-V Review
Traveling across the beautiful hills and streets of Santa Ana, Tustin, and Rancho Santa Margarita is easier when you have a strong, capable crossover like the 2019 Honda CR-V to help. If you’re considering your next vehicle and you’re browsing the CR-V, you’ve come to the right place! Our team at Norm Reeves Honda Superstore Irvine is here to provide you with the details you need to learn more about this popular crossover.
Keep reading this 2019 CR-V review to see if it has what it takes to be your next set of wheels!
Honda CR-V Engine Specs & Performance
The new Honda CR-V comes standard with a 2.4L 4-cylinder engine that can deliver 184 horsepower and 180 lb-ft of torque, though drivers also have the option of selecting a 1.5L 4-cylinder turbo engine. This second engine selection helps the CR-V produce 190 horsepower and 179 lb-ft of torque.
Both engines come paired with a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). Not only does the CVT provide smoother acceleration, but it also makes gear transitions more efficient, which can help boost the fuel economy during peak performance on the road.
Cabin Dimensions & Cargo Space
In terms of an SUV, the Honda CR-V veers more on the compact side, making it a formidable vehicle when traveling through congested highways and crowded city streets. Even so, the 105.9 cubic feet of cabin space allows passengers to really spread out and get cozy for the ride. Front-row passengers can easily find their comfort in the 40.1 inches of headroom and 41.3 inches of legroom, and rear passengers can get cozy with 39.2 inches of headroom and 40.4 inches of legroom.
The second row includes a 60/40-split bench seat, which allows you to make use of even more cargo space. Standardly, the area offers 39.2 cubic feet of space for your materials. However, you can partially fold the bench to accommodate longer items, or you can simply fold the rear bench seats down to create 75.8 cubic feet of total cargo space!
Media & Technology
The interior of the CR-V includes a variety of sophisticated amenities to add entertainment and convenience to your driving experience. The 5-inch dashboard-mounted LCD screen allows you to make media selections, with options like AM/FM radio, a USB/auxiliary-connected media player, Pandora® compatibility, and even Bluetooth® pairing for audio streaming and hands-free phone capabilities.
Upgrading the trim level adds even more features, including a 7-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™. These features integrate your smartphone with the car, allowing you the ease of selecting your media, apps, and contacts with just a touch of the screen.
Available Driver-Assistive Technology Features
The Honda CR-V offers the available Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assistive technology features. These features use sensors mounted to the exterior of the vehicle to measure distance and speed, and they can even detect possible collisions or lane departures. All the while, they’re working to prevent or reduce the severity of an automotive collision.
Honda Sensing® includes:
- Forward Collision Warning: This feature detects a possible collision based on your rate of approach and will provide an alert to warn you to execute evasive or preventative measures.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™: This system works with Forward Collision Warning. Once the warning pops up, this system will provide enough braking pressure to reduce the severity of impact, giving you the opportunity to stop the vehicle completely.
- Road Departure Mitigation System: If the CR-V is about to stray from the road, this system will activate selective braking to ensure that the vehicle remains on the road.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: This system recognizes the lines on the road, and it uses braking power applied to specific wheels to prevent the vehicle from straying from its intended lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Adaptive Cruise Control is a system that lets you set a distance from the vehicle ahead along with your desired cruising speed. The system will then adapt to the flow of traffic by reducing speed to keep the distance that you set.
Honda CR-V Trim Levels
When you’re set to choose the Honda CR-V as your next set of wheels, you’ll want to carefully inspect its trim levels. After all, the 2019 CR-V trim levels vary in terms of style, features, and even performance.
The Honda CR-V is available in four distinct trim levels:
- Honda CR-V LX: The LX is the base-level trim, and it includes the 2.4L 4-cylinder engine, the 5-inch display, and an assortment of the amenities listed above.
- CR-V EX: The EX trim adds a few notable additions, including the 1.5L 4-cylinder turbo engine that produces 190 horsepower and 179 lb-ft of torque. It also adds Push Button Start, the 7-inch touchscreen, HondaLink®, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™, and a 6-speaker sound system.
- CR-V EX-L: The EX-L trim adds the same features and engine as the previous trim; however, it adds a few more notable features, like an 8-speaker sound system, an Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror, and the HomeLink® Remote System.
- Honda CR-V Touring: The Touring is the last Honda CR-V trim, and it includes all the additional features and amenities listed above. Additionally, this trim adds a premium 9-speaker sound system, the Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition, Honda HD Digital Traffic, and HD Radio™.
Learn More About the 2019 Honda CR-V
At Norm Reeves Honda Superstore Irvine, we hope that this 2019 Honda CR-V review helped you get a stronger sense of this impressive crossover and what it can add to your experiences on the road. We also hope that you now have enough details on the Honda CR-V trim levels to decide which model has what you’re looking for in your next car.
If you’re interested in learning more, you can always pay us a visit to see this vehicle up close. You can certainly learn a lot by taking it out for a spin! Take your test drive with us at Norm Reeves Honda Superstore Irvine—we’re here to help drivers near Santa Ana, Tustin, and Rancho Santa Margarita when it’s time to find their next car!