How Often Do You Need an Oil Change?
As a vehicle owner in Santa Ana, Tustin, or Rancho Santa Margarita, you know the importance of staying up-to-date on your vehicle’s regular maintenance and service. One of those services is the oil change. Designed to keep your vehicle running smoothly for years to come, this service prevents your engine from overheating and breaking down
But how often do you need an oil change? We’ve talked to the experts to get you the best answer available. Schedule a service appointment today.
Signs That You Need an Oil Change
When it comes to keeping your vehicle well-maintained, there are a lot of different factors to consider. In terms of the oil change, how often you get this service depends on how old your vehicle is, how you drive your vehicle, how you use your vehicle daily, and what the road conditions are.
But regardless of all of this, there are several signs that you can watch for to let you know that it’s time for an oil change service:
- Oil change light is illuminated on your dashboard.
- You notice an oil smell or burnt oil smell.
- The vehicle is louder than usual, especially when idling.
- The oil level is lower than the Full line.
- The oil is dark and thick instead of a translucent amber color.
- You hear loud clanging or grinding noises when shifting gears.
All of these signs indicate that it’s well past time to change your oil. These symptoms can be remedied with a simple oil change service at your local service center.
How Often to Get an Oil Change
- The old adage of the 3,000-mile oil change is outdated for most vehicles. So before you schedule your next appointment, talk to a service professional about the needs of your vehicle.
- If you have a vehicle that’s older than five or six years, you probably do need a more regular oil change schedule. But for newer vehicles, you can probably go around 5,000 to 7,500 miles between each oil change service.
- If you’re not sure what the recommended oil change interval is for your vehicle, check your owner’s manual. For Honda vehicles, you’ll find a full maintenance schedule that will let you know exactly when each service is due so you don’t have to wonder.
Schedule an Oil Change Service Today
When it’s time to get your vehicle’s oil changed near the Rancho Santa Margarita, Tustin, and Santa Ana area, stop in to the service department at Norm Reeves Honda Superstore Irvine Auto Center. Our team will be happy to guide you through your vehicle’s regular maintenance and service schedule so you don’t have to worry.
Our service center is located at 16 Auto Center Dr in Irvine, CA. We’re here to take care of your vehicle’s maintenance and service during our regular service center hours Monday through Friday from 7 am until 7 pm and Saturday from 7:30 am until 5 pm.
Schedule an oil change service today and keep your vehicle running smoothly for years to come.